Sunday 18 September 2011

Quote of the Day…
Wise sayings often fall on barren ground, but a kind word is never thrown away.
Arthur Helps



BOOKS YOU HAVE TO READ...

  • CAPTIVATING

  • SEX GOD

  • WILD AT HEART
  • THE HEAVENLY MAN  




    

These truly are life changing books. I personally have read "THE HEAVENLY MAN" and "SEX GOD."
I simly can't wait to get 'stuck' into the others :-)

They offer so much inspiration and insight particularly for girls- I thought....

A couple of girls commented:

"CAPTIVATING, helped to undersand what true beauty is which has been a struggle for some time. I did not feel worthy and believed I wasn't beautyful, but now I realize that true beauty comes from the inside and reflects this on the outside."

" From my past experiences I was lead to believe that sex was not beautiful and that it didn't come from God, but after reading this book (SEX GOD) I really couldn't believe how beautiful it actually was if we see it through God's eyes."

" I read THE HEAVENLY MAN and page after page I couldn't keep my mouth from gaping, because of what it took to be a heavenly man. I was actually jelous because I longed for a husband like that but to me that was unrealistic, but I can't make that assumption and at the same time I thought to myself. Am I being a Heavenly Woman?"

A  few "QUOTES" from the above books mentioned....
THE HEAVENLY MAN:

"I will be in this prison for exactly the length of time God has determined. I won't leave one moment early and I won't stay one moment too long. When God determines my ministry in prison is complete, I will come out."

CAPTIVATING:

Given the way creation unfolds, how it builds to ever and ever higher works of art, can there be any doubt that Eve is the crown of creation? . . . Look out across the Earth and say to yourselves, "The whole, vast world is incomplete without me. Creation reached its zenith in me" (pg. 25).

The essence of a woman is Beauty. She is meant to be the incarnation—our experience in human form—of a Captivating God (pg. 130).

http://www.ccwtoday.org/article_view.asp?article_id=48

SEX GOD:


“Agape doesn't love somebody because they're worthy.

Agape makes them worthy by the strength and power of its love.

Agape doesn't love somebody because they're beautiful.

Agape loves in such a way that it makes them beautiful.”
“The danger is that in reaction to abuses and distortions of an idea, we'll reject it completely. And in the process miss out on the good of it, the worth of it, the truth of it.”

“When we deny the spiritual dimension to our existence, we end up living like animals. And when we deny the physical, sexual dimension to our existence, we end up living like angels. And both ways are destructive, because God made us human.”

WILD AT HEART:

“Deep in man’s heart are some fundamental questions that simply cannot be answered at the kitchen table. Who am I? What am I made of? What am I destined for? It is fear that keeps a man at home where things are neat and orderly and under his control. But the answers to his deepest questions are not to be found on television or in the refrigerator.”
“Masculinity is an essence that is hard to articulate but that a boy naturally craves as he craves food and water.”
“A man needs a battle to fight; he needs a place for the warrior in him to come alive and be honored, trained, seasoned. If we can reawaken that fierce quality in a man, hook it up to a higher purpose, release the warrior within, then the boy can grow up and become truly masculine.”

so this is just a bit of an appetiser for you but I really encourage you to read these books to discover more things for yourself.

you can also follow these websites and find out more...

"LET GOD TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY!!"

1 comment:

  1. I AM READING CAPTIVATING AT THE MOMENT. IT NOT ONLY CHANGED MY VIEW ABOUT MYSELF, IT ALSO CHANGED A LOT OF MY RELATIONSHIPS(IN A VERY GOOD WAY)

    ReplyDelete